Forms of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with saving and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server run by a website hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's survey them. Thus, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to establish a web site, mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular companies, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely amiss explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would divide the load between individual groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous webspace hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given firms provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share a vast amount of pictures with buddies or associates since the service is typically free of charge. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your mail accounts. Some corporations offer web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to get an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to manage as many videos as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to run a web site. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At HOST RENTING, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared to the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific content solely.